Thursday, November 3, 2011

Best Birthday Present EVAR!!

For much of my life, I have had extraordinarily disappointing birthdays.  I wouldn't go so far as to curse the day of my birth, but it has been decades since I've looked forward to my special day.  To put it mildly, it has most often left something to be desired.

My husband knows the reasons why I feel particularly unloved and uncared about on my birthday and, to his credit, he has always tried very hard to make that day a good one for me.  Last year, he was out of town for my birthday. . .other than when I was attending my brother's service, it has been the only time we've slept apart since we got together.  It wasn't all badness & sadness though because I met up with some friends at a local theme park that day and they treated me to a very tasty funnel cake.

My birthday this year wasn't all that great, I swear that my son went out of his way to make me cry that day, but my husband certainly came through with what can only be called The Best Birthday Present of All Time! 

After five or so years of casually looking and ten months of serious looking, we bought another house.  Not only did we buy another house, but we bought a FREAKING AWESOME house that is exactly what we both wanted.  It is the perfect place to raise our boys and we both fell in love with the location, the floor plan, the backyard.

When did escrow close on this house?  On my birthday.  As I said, best birthday present ever!

My husband has already told me that I shouldn't expect him to buy me another house for my birthday next year. . .geez, what a cheapskate!  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment