Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I Think My Period is the Kobayashi Maru

Does the title of this make sense to you?  Congratulations, you're a dork!  Just like me.

For those of you who spent your youth doing things like getting laid and making friends, the Kobayashi Maru is a test at Starfleet academy.  It is unbeatable unless you change the rules of the test.  That is, the only way to beat it is to cheat it.  In case you're wondering, I just felt any measure of coolness that I might have totally disappear by writing this paragraph.

Enough with the Star Trek nerdiness, on to my favorite topic!

So I had the Mirena IUD inserted two weeks ago.  I've detailed my awful experience with insertion and in the immediate aftermath.   I've also detailed some welcome side effects.  All that is very good and interesting, but at the moment I'm concerned that I have been bleeding nearly every single day for two weeks.  I had three days of sweet freedom - three glorious days!  Once I started spotting again, the bleeding resumed in short order.

At this point I'm starting to feel like my period is the Kobayashi Maru.  It can't be beat!  I have a message in with my doctor because I'm unsure if this is normal, but it's definitely not typical for me. 

IUD users - write anonymously if you'd like, but do chime in:  I know some of you have indicated a total absence of menses, but did you bleed after insertion?  If so, how long?

No comments:

Post a Comment