Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Big O

I've had the Mirena IUD since Tuesday afternoon.  It sucked epic levels of ass for the first 36-hours and then the cramping started easing up quite a bit.  Tylenol helped a lot and having help with my kids was necessary so I'm very thankful to the friends & family who stepped up to help me out while I was busy crying about my snatch.

My period abruptly ended late Friday morning.  This was entirely unexpected as I can't recall the last time I had such a short period.  I was like, "Uh-uh, I know this game," and I wore a liner all day today because I fully expected another downpour of blood because that's what my body normally deals me.  It never happened so :::thumbsup::: to a super-short period.  I'm hopeful that it's a sign of things to come. 

Speaking of coming. . .

I woke up having an orgasm today!!! 

What's that, you say?  I woke up having an orgasm today!!  I don't customarily have spontaneous Os and I've only had what can only be called wet dreams in pregnancy so I can't help but wonder if the IUD is to blame.  Or, more accurately, to thank. 

I have often suspected that the hormones of pregnancy are why my libido spikes to the stratosphere while I'm PG and this teenaged boy sex drive yields the occasional orgasmic wake up call.  Pregnancy orgasms are the best anyway - something about the uterus being so much larger, I suppose - and getting one without even trying is like a special gift.  If having the best wake up call ever is a side effect of having the IUD, I'm pretty sure that I will insist on having one in my uterus until the day I die. 

Doctor:  But, Mrs. My-Name-Here, you're 75-years old and went through menopause decades ago.  There is no reason why you need an IUD.
Me:  Oh, yes, there is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment