Friday, June 3, 2011

We Heard Our Baby's Heartbeat!

I saw my baby's heartbeat at 6w2d and I expected (hoped, really) that my husband & I would get to see the heartbeat again today.  I didn't expect that we'd get to hear it, but we did!  Yes, we heard our baby's heartbeat!

Today I am 8w6d along and I can't believe that any medical equipment is so sensitive that it can already pick up the sound of such a tiny beating heart.  What a sweet auditory treat. . .listening to the sound of your unborn child's heartbeat.  Miscarriage risk drops dramatically once a healthy heartbeat is seen/heard and this heartbeat sounded good & strong!  It was such a relief to hear!

This baby is still measuring perfectly (8w6d on the nose!) and my OB was really happy with the look/sound of the heartbeat.  Of course, he cautioned me that he can't offer any guarantees that the worst won't happen again this time, but he was confident enough to ask his nurse to schedule the rest of my prenatal visits!

I don't have to return for another month and I've been advised to go ahead and continue using the progesterone suppositories until my next appointment.  I'm so excited over the great news that my baby has a strong & healthy-sounding heart that I can't feel the slightest bit upset over having to use the horribly gross & messy suppositories on a twice daily dose for another month.  Honestly, I'd use them for the entire 40-weeks if that's what was necessary to carry a perfectly healthy baby to term.

I know that many of my friends and family have graciously kept me and this baby in their prayers and I appreciate this more than I can ever say.  Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, thank you all for your loving care.  Most importantly, praise God for carrying me through all those horribly dark months that I felt so empty, hopeless.  I am so thankful that He truly has restored my spirit, my joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment