Tuesday, August 16, 2011

More Fun From My Son

I'm endlessly amused by the things by son says. . .except when I'm infinitely irritated by the same!

- We were at dinner with some friends and one friend is named Sally.  My son kept mumbling a song under his breath while eating and I ignored it.  I finally heard what he was singing when I took him to the bathroom.  "Lay down Sally, lay down Sally."  Relax, prudes, he wasn't trying to make time with her - he's just a Clapton fan like his Mama.

- Del Taco has a deal where you can buy 6 tacos and 6 burritos for a price break.   The tacos and burritos come in a special cardboard box.  My son is now obsessed with said box and my pervy mind gets plenty of lulz every time he says, "I love taco box." 

- My husband was explaining to our son that misbehaving in restaurants makes us unhappy and that the little guy would have to behave if he wanted to dine out at a restaurant.  Hubs roared with laughter when the boy replied, "That can be arranged."

- He knows that our family is getting a baby after Christmas, but that the baby is in Mama's tummy until then.  He lifted my shirt the other day and kept looking at my belly button which is an innie.  He finally asked, "Is the baby in there?"

- The song "Summer Breeze" by Seals & Crofts was on the radio one day and he said, "This is your song, Mama?"  I told him that I like the song and he patiently listened to my explanation of which song his Daddy and I had picked for our special song.  He said, "This is my song," when Van Morrison's "Tupelo Honey" came on.

- We were listening to "Hard Headed Woman" one day and he asked, "Who's this?"  I replied that it was Cat Stevens.  He cracked up and was laughing so hard that he couldn't even say his name.  I just know he had a vision of a cat singing and playing guitar.

- Thanks to a cartoon that he likes to watch, my son recently learned about the concept of forgiveness.  He got a boo boo from something that I did the other day (I can't even remember what it was) and he said, "I don't forgive you."  Understandably upset, I tried to explain that forgiveness and love go hand in hand.  He was having none of it and I gave up because it's not like I did anything to need his forgiveness anyway.  Today he asked me, "Mama, do you forgive me?"  I said he'd done nothing that requires forgiveness, but that I would always freely forgive him because he's my son and I love him.  His reply melted my heart and reminded me yet again why I am so thankful to be his mother, "I forgive you too.  Oh, I love you Mama.  I love you Mommy."

No comments:

Post a Comment