Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What Do You Do with Plain Yogurt?

I like yogurt.  Well, I sorta like yogurt.  I've found that the types of yogurt I tend to prefer contain so much sugar that I think they are desserts masquerading as a healthy dairy snack.  With this in mind, I'd like to purchase more plain yogurt. 

My problem is that no one in my family likes plain yogurt.  It tastes totally awful and I can only think of two things to do with plain yogurt:  make tzatziki sauce or make a homemade treatment to handle a yeast infection.  I know it sounds like I'm kidding about that last bit, but it apparently is a handy way to take control when yeasty nasties are overrunning your hoo-haw.  As a side note, I hope that my computer search history is never made public because I'll feel like a real weirdo when "yogurt tampon" shows up.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.  I don't often serve Mediterranean cuisine and I never get yeast infections, so I really have no idea what to do with plain yogurt.  What can I do with plain yogurt that doesn't involve kebabs or vaginas?  As I have in the past, I'm soliciting tips from my readership.  What do you do to make plain yogurt more palatable?

2 comments:

  1. I have tried to make parfaits with it but it tasted nasty; even with fresh chopped up & lightly sweetend strawberries, some fresh unsweetend blue berries and granola. The flavor of plain yogurt is very sour. I would stick with vanillia yogurt and then go from there. it is much better with vanillia. plus i dont think it has as much sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! I've tried making berry parfaits with it too. I also tried blending it into a smoothie and it was horrible. The vanilla yogurt I have still has a lot of sugar, but at least it's something that I'll eat instead of something I'll just end up throwing away because it tastes disgusting.

    ReplyDelete