Saturday, July 10, 2010

Update on the First Night in a Big Boy Bed

At around midnight I went to bed.  As is my usual custom, I checked on the boy before I continued to bed. 

He was sleeping on the floor beside his new big boy bed.

I picked him up and took him to the toilet.  He made a little pee-pee and then he went right back to sleep in his bed.  I placed two dining room chairs in front of his bedroom door, thinking that it would slow him down long enough for me to reach him if he wakes in the night.

He apparently woke at 2:30 this morning, opened his bedroom door, and walked by the dining room chairs.  I'd imagine that he felt that he was alone in the house and, since it was also dark, I think it made him nervous.  He started crying and called out for me.  He was standing in the hallway.

He did not wet his bed, but he peed himself by the time he was hustled to the toilet.  After he picked out some fresh underpants, he walked back to his bed, climbed in, and went back to sleep.  Just like that!

I'm writing this blog as he's taking a nap.  In his big boy bed. 

There have been a few hiccups along the way, but I'd say that the transition to the big boy bed has been a success thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment