Sunday, April 18, 2010

He Made Me An Offer I Couldn't Refuse

My husband wanted to watch a movie tonight. He suggested Pulp Fiction (yawn) or The Godfather (yay!) We're watching The Godfather. I'd like to squeeze in The Godfather Part II, but these movies are probably a little too long to attempt both on a work night.

With his deep eyes and dark hair, Al Pacino was so hot in those days! He was hotter in Serpico, I have a thing for fuzzy faces, but he still packed some serious heat portraying the calculating Michael Corleone.

One thing that I always forget is that Abe Vigoda played Tessio. Abe Vigoda looked 1,001 years old back then in 1972; how in the world is he still alive today?! I guess that's part of the joke when internet rumors pop up to claim that he finally died - everyone assumes he died years ago.

My favorite quote, besides the nod in this post title, comes from the famously hot-headed Santino "Sonny" Corleone and is delivered to his brother, Michael:

"Nice college boy, didn't want to get mixed up in the family business. Now you want to gun down a police Captain. Why? Because he slapped you in the face a little. What, do you think this is like the Army where you can shoot 'em from a mile away? No, you gotta get up like this and bada-BING! You blow their brains all over your nice Ivy League suit!"

Anyway, sorry this is such a lame post, but I don't want to miss a single scene of this very awesome movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment