Saturday, April 10, 2010

I'm Back with Joe

No, I'm not talking about a man (I can't recall even dating someone named Joe), I'm talking about coffee. I quit drinking it, all caffeine actually, several months ago. I brewed up a mini-pot of coffee this morning and it was pretty darn nice.

I quit drinking caffeine for a few reasons. One is that I can't sleep at night. I used to sleep like the dead, but I really have trouble going to sleep and staying asleep these days. This problem began when I was pregnant and it never went away. Another reason is that I feel grouchy at the cost of Diet Coke. Yeah, yeah, I realize that they aren't all that expensive, but what can I say, I'm cheap. The final reason is that I don't have a newborn in my arms and/or I'm still not pregnant. Caffeine won't prevent a pregnancy, but studies have shown that it can help lead to a miscarriage.

I've been trying to conceive for a year now. I miss coffee. I'm not pregnant. I've decided that I'm going to enjoy my tasty beverage until I conceive. I made a couple of cafe mochas today and they were oh-so-tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment