Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Favorite Songs - Part II

After I posted on my favorite songs, I realized that I left off so many that really needed to be included. I don't know that anyone gives a rip about my musical taste and I've heard that many readers haven't even heard of most of the songs (really?!), but these lists of songs will be handy if my husband ever wants to make me the most awesome mix tape of all time. I haven't received a mix tape from a boy in probably 20 years, so I'd think that would be pretty rad. I learned the other day that kids probably don't make mix tapes anymore. So, Big Daddy, I'll also accept an iPod. :)

Purple Rain by Prince - It was a toss up between several Prince songs, but this is kinda like his signature song.

Vehicle by Ides of March - A rockin' one-hit wonder. I find that the passionate chorus is impossible to listen to without singing it at the top of my lungs.

Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty - It reminds me of someone I once knew very well, right down to the dream.

Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf - The only thing better than a magic carpet ride is a. . .well, it has to do with mustaches, I'll let you figure it out!

Dancing in the Moonlight by King Harvest - Another one-hit wonder and a fun song that often reminds me of the next song on this list.

Slow Dancing by Johnny Rivers - A romantic song that often reminds me of the previous song on this list.

I Touch Myself by The Divinyls - So sexy and so fun. Hasn't everyone had one martini too many and made an ass of themselves while discoing around to this song on the jukebox? No? Er, yeah, me neither!

What's Going On by Marvin Gaye - I could have included every single one of his songs because I love, love, love Marvin Gaye.

El Condor Pasa by Simon & Garfunkel - A Peruvian song that is just lovely.

Beautiful Boy by John Lennon - I'm not a fan of hippies in general or Lennon specifically, but this is a song that is so sweet and so poignant because he didn't live to see his own beautiful boy grow to become a man.

Suzie Q by Creedence Clearwater Revival - I like the extended version and I admire the balls of these guys to create an eight minute plus song.

Wild World by Cat Stevens - Yes, yes it is. I don't like who Cat Stevens has become, but I liked the musician he once was.


What are some of your favorite songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment