Friday, May 20, 2011

The Circle of Life

I realize that I'll probably end up with my head in the toilet most of the day because that's my body's MO when I have plans, but I have quite a busy day scheduled for tomorrow.  There's no way that I'll get everything done that I'd like to and I'll try my best to hit two of the events.  I have a baby shower to attend, was invited to two birthday parties, and will also try to attend a memorial service for two people.  Oh, and my parents are coming over to have supper tomorrow night.

It occurs to me that tomorrow afternoon's activities perfectly demonstrate the circle of life:  a baby shower to welcome the grandchild of long-time friends, celebrating the births of two friends' young children, and honoring the lives of a dear friends' parents.  We are all born and we all die, but not all of us live our lives to the fullest.  Heck, I know that sometimes I don't.  As I said a long time ago, make your dash count.

No comments:

Post a Comment