Tuesday, May 10, 2011

We're Never Ready to Say Goodbye

I've just learned that a very good friend lost her mother this morning.  I have had so much to say while processing my own grief over losing my brother and my baby, but words escape me at the moment.  All I can think to say when my friend is hurting over a painful loss is that I'm sorry.

As would be expected when a friend suffers a loss, I hurt for her in a strangely personal way.  I can't recall ever meeting her mom, but I've heard enough about her that I feel like I knew her.  She sounded like a spectacularly wonderful mother - one any girl would be thrilled to have - and I'm sure that makes this grief so much more painful for the family.

It occurs to me that it's always too soon to say goodbye when our loved ones pass away.  If I've said it once, I've said it a million times:  Love your loved ones and let them feel your love every day because tomorrow isn't promised to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment