Friday, May 27, 2011

It's Time for the Strawberry Festival

Fun * Rides * Games * Vendors * and lots & lots of
Strawberry Tastiness!

In Southern California and looking for something fun to do this weekend?  Come on out to the Garden Grove Strawberry Festival!  The festival runs each day of this weekend, from today until Monday.  You can find all the fun at the Village Green, between Euclid and Main in Downtown Garden Grove.

I have a long history with the Festival.  As a youngster, I volunteered in booths for two different charities.  I think sometime around 1985 or so would have been the first time I was in a booth there.  After being absent for several years, I have been a helper for the Festival itself for the last eight years. 

By far, the most challenging part of volunteering has been working traffic for the parade and helping out at the VIP breakfast Saturday morning.  What am I doing this year?  Take a wild guess. . .I am desperately hoping that I'm not stricken with the same morning sickness that I get every day that I have things to do and places to go.  I'll let you know how that hoping works out for me.

I hope to see you there!


PS  I'll be easy to recognize because I'll have my 3-year old attached to my back or my hip.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment