Saturday, May 7, 2011

The 'okey 'okey

My son is a sweetheart and he's one of the few people on the planet who actually likes my horrible singing.  He begged me to sing "The 'okey 'okey" the other night.  It took a minute before I realized that he wanted me to do the Hokey Pokey.  Of course, I obliged and he surprisingly joined in for the little song & dance. 

I never knew just how much happiness I could feel while teaching my 3-year old how to do the Hokey Pokey, but I swear that my heart nearly burst into a million pieces when he performed it tonight for his Grandmother.  My son is such a blessing and a true joy.  Other than the flowers that he picks in the yard, I don't expect that I'll receive a present from him tomorrow for Mother's Day and I'm okay with that because he is already a marvelously wonderful gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment