Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Looong Day of Babywearing

My son stepped on the digital scale this morning and I mentally made a note of his current weight. 26.6 pounds. This is interesting because I wore my son in the ERGO for six hours today. He spent four hours on my back and two hours in front while I desperately tried to get him to take a nap.

I have to say that I am more impressed with the ERGO each time I use it. Initially, I didn't care for it and I found back-carries to be difficult at best. Somewhere along the line, I have become very good at hoisting my kiddo over my head and onto my back. I still feel like a weirdo when I bend over at the waist so I can reach the straps, but I can't figure out another way to grab them. I've also learned that it is far more comfortable for me if I wear the waist strap down at hip level.

I'm excited to report that my back doesn't hurt. My shoulders don't hurt. Nothing hurts at all even though I wore a 26.6 pound toddler for six hours!

I still love my pouch and I'm still enjoying my ring sling, but the ERGO is definitely one of my three favorite carriers for toting my toddler. Here is my order of preference: pouch, ERGO, ring sling.


What carriers do you like for toting your babies or toddlers?

2 comments:

  1. LOVE MY ERGO, ever since Sophia was 5 months old :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ERGO too. I wish I bought one a long time ago. . .

    ReplyDelete