Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'm a Believer!


HE WAS COMPLETELY ACCIDENT-FREE TODAY!!!!


It has been exactly one week since my son started potty training. We were out for most of the day and he peed in two unfamiliar toilets without a toilet ring. I'm so proud of my little boy and incredibly pleased with his potty training success.

I mostly followed Lora Jensen's 3-Day Potty Training method. Per her instructions, I had my son help get rid of his diapers and I put him in underpants. No pull-up diapers, no night-time diapers, just underpants at all times.

I'll admit it. I was skeptical that the 3-Day Potty Training method would work at all. I figured that, at less than two-years old, my son would not be trainable. I believed that he'd be on a long & messy semi-diapered road for months to come. Seasoned parents told me that such a young child can't be trained in such a short amount of time.

I'm so glad that I tried this method before doing any other potty training. Weaning from breastfeeding was what I dreaded most about my son growing older and potty training was a close second. I have found potty training to be a relatively easy process and my son seems like he's having a good time learning.

I still frequently remind my son to let me know if he has to go to the bathroom, but he does a good job letting me know when he has to go potty. How does he let me know? He holds his wiener and says, "Poo-poo!" I guess we still have a little more training to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment