Sunday, May 2, 2010

Snuggling with My Sweet Boy

Family Guy is hella boring and sucky tonight, so I figured that I might as well write my post for today.


We enjoyed spending time with friends at a barbecue this afternoon. My son was having so much fun that he didn't want to leave. It was around 4:30 when we arrived home and I didn't think that my son would nap. I should add that my son typically naps from around 2:00 or 3:00 until 4:00 or 5:00.

We still tried to get him to rest for a bit and it didn't go very well at all. The kiddo screamed and wailed for fifteen minutes. I broke down and took him out of his crib because I didn't have the heart to let him cry by himself.

I figured that I'd snuggle with him and see if he'd at least have a little quiet time. I decided to relax with the boy in the living room because my husband was napping in our bedroom. I reclined the back of the glider rocker and put my feet up on the gliding ottoman. I knew he was tired because he nuzzled his face next to my bosom and he curled his legs up under his special Elmo blanket. His left thumb was firmly stuck in his mouth and his right hand held his burpie. Within minutes, his eyelids dropped shut and he was in the Land of Nod. My mind was awash in fond memories - he napped on my chest until he was around nine months old - as I gazed at his sweet face.

My son rarely wants to sit on my lap these days and I had a lot of things that I wanted to get accomplished this afternoon, but cuddling with my little one made all those matters fade away. This is one of those little things that I wrote about yesterday. . .something so random and probably forgotten within a week, but such a beautiful moment in time. I love that little guy and I'm so glad that we shared this cuddly naptime today.

No comments:

Post a Comment