Saturday, May 1, 2010

Savor Life's Moments

A friend posted an interesting story on Facebook today. The moral of the story is that we miss many delightful experiences because we are too busy rushing through life. Isn't that the way it is though? We spend our childhood wishing to grow and we spend our adulthood trying to reclaim that youthful spirit. We never seem content with our current stage.

I've been pondering this all day and I wonder what I've been missing. There is very little that is fresh to my eyes and ears, but many experiences are still new and novel to my son. If my son wants to explore a park, I'll let him enjoy the beauty of nature. If my son wants to cuddle, I'll make the time to cuddle. If he wants to inspect a flower, I'll let him check it out. If he wants to dance to some music, I'll let him dance.

The joy of life isn't just found in big events, it's in the small and typically forgettable moments. I don't know what I've been missing as I go about my day, but I think it's time to take it easy and enjoy the beauty that surrounds me every day.

What are you missing by rushing though life?

No comments:

Post a Comment