Saturday, May 15, 2010

To Sell, or Not to Sell: That is the Question

I guess my son is potty trained. He hasn't worn a diaper in over 1 1/2 weeks. He typically wakes up dry in the morning and he has zero to one accident each day. He generally does a good job telling us that he has to use the potty. He's gone potty in unfamiliar places on unfamiliar toilets. He's also gone potty for people other than his parents.

Though I'm eager to expand our family, I'm excited that diapers are a thing of the past for the time being. I'm glad that I don't have to wash any cloth diapers and I don't have to purchase any disposable overnight diapers. I'm reluctantly happy to see that my baby is maturing and becoming such a big boy. Other parents can no doubt understand why my happiness is reluctant.

My son's recent potty training leaves me with a dilemma. What do I do with the remaining disposable diapers that he used for overnights? I could never get the cloth wipes down and I also have package upon package of wipes - what do I do with these? Most importantly, what do I do with the cloth diaper stash that I built over the last two years?

I think I'll definitely try to sell the disposable diapers and wipes that I have leftover. I know I won't get what I paid for them, but at least I'll get something and gain some closet space to boot!

The cloth diapers are more tricky. I can probably sell the diapers for darn near what I paid. Let that sink in for a moment. I can sell my son's used cloth diapers for nearly the same amount I paid for them in the first place! If anyone is on the fence about using cloth diapers, this should be all the encouragement needed to give it a try!

The problem is that I don't want to sell all my fluff and it's not just the diapers that I inexplicably want to keep because I can't bear with the thought of parting with certain covers. I don't care one way or another about some of his diapers, they're just diapers after all. But I LOVE other diapers in the stash. I can't bring myself to consider selling some coveted diapers that I finally was able to purchase at impossibly good prices. Certain diapers always brought a smile to my face when I changed my son and I can't even think of selling them.

I know that it will be at least one year before I have another child in diapers. And that's assuming that I'll ever have another child in diapers. I know that elastic isn't fine wine and it doesn't get better with age. I know that I don't have the room to store over 50 diapers. I know that I have a great stash (no stains, no excessive wear, no need to strip) and it would fetch a good price. I know that every little bit of cash helps these days. It's logical to sell the entire stash. What can I say? I'm an illogical female on this point.

I'm torn about what to do. Does anyone reading this post have any advice? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment