Friday, June 18, 2010

REVIEW - American Crew Daily Conditioner for Men

I know that this product is designed for men, but I've been using it periodically for nearly 15 years and I fall in love with it all over again every Summer.  I have to warn you that it's not that great at detangling, probably because I typically keep my hair significantly longer than the average guy, but I love how it feels on my scalp!  Even on the hottest days, it cools my scalp with a delicious tingly feeling.  There are much better conditioners and detanglers to use, particularly if you have long or chemically processed hair, but this is such a cool treat that I find that I have to use it when the mercury rises.

You know how some conditioners make your hair feel greasy?  This one doesn't.  Per the back of the bottle, it is made with Panama Bark Extract to help reduce oiliness, something that's particularly important to me on hot & sweaty Summer days.  It also contains rosemary, thyme, peppermint, and menthol.  No doubt these are the reason my scalp feels so fresh after each use.  Before anyone laughs at me for talking about herbal extracts (and I can think of a few who will), let me state that I'm not a believer in the magical powers of essential oils (just like I don't believe in witchdoctors!), but I think everyone can agree that this combo yields a cooling result upon contact.

I'd love to hear your experience with it if you use, or have used, this product.  If you'd like to check it out for yourself, you can purchase it by clicking the Amazon link above.

2 comments:

  1. My husband uses the hair gel or "glue" he likes it alot too. Never used the conditioner though. He uses the Tea Tree by Paul Mitchel. I cannot stand it only because the smell is soo strong that it really gets to me but it does work good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stuff when it's hot out, but the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree conditioner sounds intriguing to me. My husband uses Aveda and I CANNOT STAND the smell of it. It totally smells like dirt (potting soil, to be specific) to me.

    ReplyDelete