Thursday, January 20, 2011

Friendly Advice

I'm aware that I've been down lately and a few friends have privately contacted me about my attitude.  They were motivated by love and they gave me words of care and encouragement.  I have been mulling over these exchanges and I won't share everything, but they were correct on all points. 

Sinking deeper into despair will not improve my outlook, but faithfully trusting God will.  I needed the reminder that He is in control and every single thing that I've done in life is what led me to where I am today.  Where am I today?  I am a beloved wife to my husband and an adored mother to our son.

Yes, I'm still sad about losing this baby.  Who wouldn't be ache over the unexpected loss of a much-wanted baby?  But I can't allow myself to be governed by the fear of another miscarriage and I can't beat myself up over choices that can't be undone.

Yesterday is gone and tomorrow is a fresh new day.  I can choose how I respond to life's curve balls and I will not be held hostage by fear or guilt.  I will live tomorrow to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment