Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lazy Hazy Dayz

I should have written this prior to taking my pain meds, but I just remembered that I didn't write a post today so I'm writing this now.  Sorry if this one sucks tonight.  If it doesn't suck, it's because I'm awesome.  If it does suck, it's because the pills make me suck.

I hate taking pain medication.  I really freaking hate it.  Well, that's not entirely true because I guess I'm okay with most OTC pain relievers.  Not all of them, but most of them.  I do spaz out though when I'm taking acetaminophen (Tylenol) because it can be so damaging to your liver.  Let's be real here, I prefer to damage my liver in a much more fun fashion.  You know, in a way that involves vodka straight from the freezer with a couple of olives thrown in for good measure.

I do hate feeling like I HAVE to take the big guns of pain relief.  It's like I hate feeling like I NEED something to feel an absence of pain.  I don't particularly like feeling pain either so I'm kinda screwed in situations like these.  I can either suffer and remain in control mentally or feel good but act stupid and dull.

I guess this is the third day that I've been taking "viconol."  I say I guess because I would have bet money that it was only two days, but as one would probably expect, I write down exactly when I take meds and how much I take.  Yeah, I know I'm a little obsessive about stuff sometimes.  My notes indicate that i have been taking these damn pills for three days so I guess it's been three days.

I think I tried to resume a normal-ish schedule a little too soon because I didn't experience much pain relief yesterday and I had some yucky stuff happen too.  Out of necessity I also ended up off my dosing schedule and was hours late on one dose so perhaps that's part of why I hurt much of the day yesterday.

I spent the day lazing about today and feeling like I'm in a bit of a fog.  That might sound nice, but I don't like sitting still and spacing out.  But some of the grossness eased up a bit so I guess it was necessary.  I don't want to explain the yuckiness because it's pretty damn gross.  I've really had my fill of freaky shit lately.

Speaking of such things, I also don't care for the side effects that I experience when I take most pain meds.  I know I sound like I'm 65-years old, but you have no idea how much you rely on being regular (whether it's every other day, every day, or whatever) until you just can't go.  Of course, I've had my fill of "pushing" lately too so I really don't want to try to go either, but still. 

My stomach is beginning to hurt and I've had the enema suggestion, but I'm really not ready to get that drastic.  Perhaps a little old people breakfast powder is in order at this point because when I'm able to eat I've been trying to stick with high fiber foods.  Of course, I'm also trying to stick with high iron foods with further aggravates constipation.  I have a package of knock-off Correctol (bisacodyl), but it expired a couple of months ago and I'm concerned about taking an expired laxative.

Bodies are gross.  I could never work in health care because I'm creeped out by a lot of natural stuff, but I sure appreciate that there are people who are in that industry.  I had a point here, but I can't quite get what I'm trying for so I think I'm done for the night. 

I feel like I've been out of touch with the world, but hope Earth is still safely spinning because it would suck if we lost gravity.  Actually, is that gravity that keeps the Earth floating around in space?  Eh, whatever, I'm a chick, science isn't my bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment