Friday, January 21, 2011

My Favorite CSN Video Clips

There are only two bands that I can think of who had incredibly perfect harmonies:  Crosby, Stills, Nash (and sometimes Young) and the Bee Gees.  I've been on a CSN (& sometimes Y) kick for the last 24-hours and thought I'd share some youtube clips of my favorite songs in their catalog.  My husband has seen these guys at least three times and I feel a little cheated that I was born too late to see such epic concerts.  Enjoy the post and the clips - I know I have!


Our House is one of my all-time favorite songs because it's an unabashed ode to monogamy and this is a good live version of this song.  As a bonus, this clip showcases Graham Nash at his hirsute sexiest - RAWR!

If you like the song (and who doesn't?), this wonderful acoustic version of Helplessly Hoping will stay in your mind for hours after watching.

Who can't relate to the lyrics of Wasted on the Way?  If you can't yet, I guarantee that you will one day.  This clip is a little funny because it's of Wasted on the Way, but I think David Crosby was Wasted on the Stage - shocking, eh?

I think ripping off United's "friendly skies" tagline is a little cheesy, but Just a Song Before I Go this is a hauntingly beautiful song.

I'm partial to Jimmy Buffett's version, but Southern Cross is awesome no matter who sings it.  My hubby says this is his favorite Stephen Stills song.

I'm sad that the version of A Long Time Gone that I wanted to use had really poor sound quality, but this is a cool live version.

Great guitar work on Wooden Ships and I think this was off their debut album.

I have no clue where Stephen Stills was here and I think David Crosby looks high as a kite, but it's a cool clip of Marrakesh Express.  When my son was a baby, he used to smile and laugh whenever this song came on the radio.  What can I say?  The kid has great taste in music.

This version of Guinnevere is long, but so worth it.  I've never heard such a silent audience during a live performance. . .I guess they didn't want to miss a single note.  One guitar + two voices = magic.


They just don't make music like this nowadays and I suspect that these guys never would have acheived any measure of success if they were trying to get started in music today.  Well, Graham Nash might make it because he's a good-looking guy.  But still, my point is that looks are more important than any talent in music today and I think that's a damn shame.  Looks like The Buggles were right:  Video did, in fact, kill the radio star.

No comments:

Post a Comment