Monday, March 21, 2011

A Poem; Sans Poeticizing

I've always liked writing and there was a time where I wrote a lot of poetry.  Well, I probably did more poeticizing than actually writing poetry, but that's angst-ridden teenaged girls for you!  I ran across a poem that I wrote last Summer and it's just as true now as it was then. 

What I Want for My Son
I want my son to climb. . .even if he might fall.
I want my son to fall. . .so he'll learn that it hurts.
I want my son to learn what hurts. . .so he'll be more careful.

I want my son to try new things. . .even if he might fail.
I want my son to fail. . .so he'll learn to try harder.
I want my son to try harder. . .so he'll excel.

I want my son to explore. . .even if he might get lost.
I want my son to get lost. . .so he'll learn to stay close or at least learn directions!
I want my son to learn directions. . .so he'll be able to find his way around town.

I want my son to fight if he has to. . .even if he might lose.
I want my son to lose. . .so he'll learn how to win.
I want my son to win. . .because I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment