Slow Cooker Meatloaf
1 small brown onion, finely chopped
3 stalks celery, finely chopped
3 carrots, finely chopped (I pulse them in the food processor; I hate chopping carrots)
2 whole dill pickles, finely chopped
3 lbs. ground beef
3 beaten eggs
1 cup milk
Around 3/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
Seasonings to taste: I use salt, black pepper, granulated garlic, & crushed red pepper flakes.
1/4 cup ketchup/catsup
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 Tb yellow mustard
1/2 tsp Sriracha hot sauce
Non-stick cooking spray
1. Spray inside of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Tear two long lengths of aluminum foil.
3. Fold foil into two strips that are at least three foil sheets thick - you'll want this to be sturdy because you're going to use it as handles to lift out your completed meatloaf.
4. Lay one of the foil strips in the bottom of your slow cooker, making sure that both edges are able to extend out of the slow cooker.
5. Lay the second foil strip in the slow cooker, perpendicular to the first strip. You want it to look like a big + in the bottom of your crock pot.
6. Combine all meatloaf ingredients in large bowl.
7. Mix well and shape to fit your slow cooker (oval, round). Add more bread crumbs if you need more to firm up the meatloaf and help it keep it's shape.
8. Place meatloaf in prepared slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
9. Combine sauce ingredients and pour over meatloaf.
10. Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes.
11. Carefully lift meatloaf out of slow cooker using the foil "handles."
12. Slice & serve.
*If you prefer it a little on the spicy side, you can add crushed red pepper flakes and/or Sriracha (find in Asian foods aisle-I've found that the green tipped squeeze bottle with the rooster on it is tastiest for cooking) to both the meatloaf and the sauce.
Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli =
YUMMY Comfort Food!
Up Close and Personal with My Meatloaf