Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Thirteen Days

It's not a post about a crappy Kevin Costner movie, it's about my period.  On the upside, I might win if there is a contest for the most days spent on the rag by any one individual woman.  On the downside, I might win if there is a contest for the most days spent on the rag by any one individual woman.

I had a brief chat with a friend today about menstruation and I think she cursed me with The Curse.  I had the joy of experiencing my period while I was battling the yeasty beasties a couple of weeks ago so I've had one complete cycle since I lost my baby.  Aaaand, though it's only been thirteen freaking days since I last bled, I started another flipping period today!

Look, I acknowledge that I get my period a lot and I certainly have shorter than average cycles.  I've had a gynecologist drop her jaw at the frequency of my regularly scheduled visits from my least favorite relative and I realize that a twenty day cycle is woefully short.  I know that Aunt Flo, uh, flows frequently for me, but only having a thirteen-day break is just ridiculous!

I have the green light to start trying to conceive next week. . .wish us luck - if for no other reason than to give me at least 18-months without my period! 

No comments:

Post a Comment