Sunday, August 15, 2010

Family is a Gift

I'm exhausted.  My pastor's sermon this morning left me feeling spiritually refreshed, but I feel physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted.  The wonderful thing about feeling spiritually healthy is that I feel great, even though I am ridiculously tired.

We had family over today for a visit and supper.  I wasn't sure how the dining arrangements would work out, but I was actually able to fit ten people around my dining room table.  Everyone seemed to like dinner and I think that a fun time was had by all.  My son certainly had a blast playing with his cousins, but he fell asleep before we had cake for dessert.  I felt so bad for the little guy because, thanks to the many birthday parties he's been attending lately, he'd been asking for cake all day long.

Family is a gift.  For a moment, when we were gathered around the table, I felt absolute bliss and all was right in my world.  Breathing in, breathing out, hearing the rhythm of my heart, and feeling the love.  The roar of a million thoughts racing through my head was quieted and I was able to simply exist and enjoy the moment.

I'm kicking myself right now because I meant to take some photos today.  I didn't think about it earlier because I was so busy making sure that everything came out right.  Dangit!  I hope to have another opportunity to snap some family pix before too long.

Tomorrow is a big day for the family.  Those of you who know me well know what I mean.  Please pray for a successful procedure and recovery with no complications.

By the way, I still don't have a clear-cut answer to my question. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment