Monday, November 29, 2010

There's a First Time for Everything

I had a remarkably easy and uneventful pregnancy with my son until he flipped breech at the very end.  Most notably, I never experienced any morning sickness.  Seriously, none whatsoever.  Well, I guess there's a first time for everything.

I spent the day fighting crippling nausea.  I had a couple of good hours late in the morning and again late in the afternoon, but I've been positively green the rest of the day.  I was able to choke down 1/2-cup mashed potatoes and a few bites of a somewhat sour apple, but food is otherwise entirely unappealing.  Even strong smells (hairspray, Sriracha hot sauce, and coffee in particular) are enough to send me running to the bathroom to empty the meager contents of my belly.

Don't think I'm complaining because, near-constant vomit or not, I'm completely thrilled to experience this joy once again.  What are your winning tips to quell queasiness?  Please share below!

No comments:

Post a Comment