Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pop Tarts & Snow Suits

I've been on vacation in Utah for the last several days and I've learned a couple of things:

1.  I know nothing about cold climate clothing.
2.  My son thinks he has been deprived.

* * *

While roaming around a Wal-Mart, I noted that there were a lot of odd clothes on display.  I realize that different areas of the country like different fashions than other areas of the country, but these were really bizarre clothes.  They were weird puffy nylon jumpsuits and I couldn't imagine they were considered cool anywhere. 

I finally asked, "What's the deal with all these jumpsuits?"  Um, apparently they were snow suits.  I guess it's obvious that I grew up in a warm and sunny climate.

* * *

My son eats a pretty good diet and he doesn't eat a lot of sugary snacks, but he has just discovered the existence of Pop-Tarts.  He was hooked after the first bite and he has been begging my sister for Pop-Tarts every morning.  He's such a Pop-Tart fiend that he actually stole his cousin's Pop-Tart today.  Shortly afterward, I walked by him in the hallway and he cried for more "Pop-Tarts!" 

You know, it's a darn shame that they don't sell Pop-Tarts in California.  Sorry kid, yes, I'm that mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment