Thursday, December 16, 2010

"Nice Beaver" and Other Compliments

I spent extra time on personal landscaping earlier this week because I knew that my OB was going to paw around between my legs.  My husband thinks it's funny that I prep my privates before these types of appointments, but surely I'm not the only woman who does so.  Am I?

Though I made sure that everything looked neat & tidy down there, my doctor didn't make a single comment.  Is it bizarre that I'm a little miffed that he didn't mention how nice I looked in that area?  True, I'd feel somewhat uncomfortable if he had looked up there and declared, "Nice beaver," but I am a bit bothered that he didn't even seem to notice my efforts.  Of course, I probably wouldn't notice an exceptional vagina either if I spent my days with my hands up in the Y.

My husband already felt awkward watching another man get to third base with me so I can't imagine what he'd say or do if the doctor gave compliments on my downstairs.  Knowing my husband, he'd probably nod and say, "Yeah, I'm tapping that."

This train of thought got me wondering if anyone has ever received an inappropriate compliment or heard an inappropriate comment from a doctor.  Have you?  If so, please share below.

No comments:

Post a Comment