Monday, December 6, 2010

Why I (Heart) Facebook

I am not exactly on bed rest, but I'm not supposed to lift.  Or bend.  Or be on my feet too much.  The ER doctor asked me if I needed a note for school or work.  Considering that I'm a SAHM and the restrictions won't really mean much to my son and his demands, I declined the note.  Here's a quick post before I go lie down again. 


I was pondering the reasons why I love Facebook.  I resisted it for a long time, insisting that I'm not some dork on a computer (yes, I know I am), but I'm sure glad that I finally broke down and joined.

For starters, I love FB because it makes it easier to get back in touch with old friends who I've lost contact with for various reasons.  Thanks to FB, I've reconnected with several old friends who I missed and hadn't spoke with in many years.

Facebook also allows me to stay in touch with friends and family.  I wouldn't pick up the phone and tell loved ones about my son's latest shenanigans, but I will post it on FB and that status usually yields a volley of comments.  I'm particularly thankful that my brother and I were able to enjoy plenty of conversations thanks to FB.

The Facebook pages that I like often yield information about giveaways.  Sure, I follow most of these blogs anyway, but sometimes I do not.  FB helps me find some giveaways that I'd like to enter and wouldn't have known about otherwise.

Are you on FB?  Why do you <3 it?

No comments:

Post a Comment