Sunday, February 7, 2010

Good for the Saints

I wasn't very interested in the Superbowl this year because I don't care about the Colts and I don't care about the Saints. I root for the Lions every Thanksgiving day, but I can't recall the last time they've won. I've spent the last 22 years rooting for the 49ers and the Chiefs. Yeah, it's been a rough decade for me. . .

I guess that I would have preferred the Saints take the ring because they have never had the distinction. They certainly earned it righteously today. I truly enjoyed the game tonight - and not just because my son napped through most of it!

Talk about some exciting plays! Watching The Who embarrass themselves in their geriatric rocker glory on live television must have lit a fire under the Saints offense. The on-side kick was a total surprise that resulted in the TD that turned the tide. A two point conversion in the big game! Now that's some good football!

A friend said that she was rooting for the Saints because she always roots for the underdog. I replied the the underdog is still just a dog. I'm eating my words tonight. The Saints aren't dogs, they are the Kings of the NFL.

So when are the Lions going to make it?

No comments:

Post a Comment