Saturday, February 13, 2010

Movie Night II

It's movie night again in the Brown household. We're watching Iron Man tonight. It's the last movie that we saw in a theater and I was 38 weeks pregnant at the time.

I prefer books, but I do love movies. I like all kinds of movies: comedies, action, sci-fi, adventure, classics, westerns, thrillers. You name the genre and I probably like at least one movie in it.

I try to watch one old movie per week. This week it was the classic film noir, The Postman Always Rings Twice, which I liked very much. It was somewhat predictable, but enjoyable nonetheless. My first choice was The Great Escape and I probably should have watched that one instead.

I've noticed that filmmakers have really developed a winning formula for superhero movies in the last several years. Iron Man is awesome. The Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton is awesome. The Batman reboots are awesome.

Speaking of reboots, the new Star Trek is probably the most enjoyable movie I've watched in years. J. J. Abrams, though he appears to be obsessed with lens flare, totally revitalized the series and that young cast could have a solid acting gig for at least the next 30 or 40 years.

I'm missing my movie, so I'm going to abruptly end this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment