Sunday, October 3, 2010

Thanksgiving

I was struck by how blessed I am while I was lying down with my son yesterday.  My eyes filled with tears as a gazed at his sweet sleeping face.  How could I have ever earned such a wonderful gift, I thought.  Of course, my question actually answered my question:  He is a gift.

This year has been pretty terrible in many respects and last month was the worst of all.  I'm not going to tick down the list of calamities that have struck my family in 2010 because it tends to just make me wallow in pity and that's not where I want to go.  I think it's awesome that even with all the turmoil, and there has been a lot, I'm still able to give thanks.

I'm thankful for my marriage; I'd never have made it through this year if my marriage wasn't solid.  I'm thankful for my husband; he is my rock and my strongest supporter.  I'm thankful for my son; my darling boy has been the only reason I get up some days.  I'm thankful for my health; I am able to experience the joy of movement.  I'm thankful for my friends; they are the kindest and most loving group of women on the planet.  I'm thankful for my faith; my trust in God has been the only thing keeping me standing many times this year.

Regardless of how much I've suffered this year, I still have so many blessings.  No matter what, my Thanksgiving turkey pinecone will still have plenty of feathers to read this year. . .and I hope that yours will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment