Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Favorite Songs - Part III

Do I love music or what?  I've already posted my favorite songs (Part I and Part II) on my old blog, but I have a lot more!  I'm sure there will be a Part IV of this series.


Woodstock by Matthews Southern Comfort - CSN (& possibly Y?) and Joni Mitchell also recorded this song, it was written by Mitchell, but this is still my favorite version because it perfectly creates a dreamy vibe.

I Go Crazy by Paul Davis - This song has been a favorite since I was a child and I must have heard it at least a half a million times by now, but it's still as lovely as ever.

Any Song by Roberta Flack - Seriously, any song.  There's a story about one of her greatest hits albums that wouldn't play one evening, but that's a story for my husband to share. . .we ended up with Pink Floyd instead.

Bad Company or Shooting Star by Bad Company - A supergroup with some super-bitchin' hits, I couldn't pick just one and I'm almost tempted to toss in the other two hits that get frequent airplay:  Feel Like Makin' Love and Rock N Roll Fantasy.

Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon - I ordinarily would not have included this on a favorite list, but it makes my dog go totally cuckoo when I sing it.  Naturally, that means that I sing it a lot.  Ow-ooo!

Break Up to Make Up by The Stylistics - Hasn't everyone had a relationship that this song so perfectly describes?  These guys were so smooth and their music is unrivaled.  It was really hard to pick just one of their songs to include on the list.

The Joker by Steve Miller Band - I know that this song is picked to play on the jukebox by every lowlife in every billiard hall in America, but I like it.  I guess it's a holdover from my days of slumming around lowlifes in pool halls.  No, I still can't play worth a darn.

Touch Me by The Doors - It's altogether too brief, but it's fast, hot, and to the point.

I Like the Way You Love Me by Brenton Wood - Really, you could pick any one of his songs and I'd probably like it.  I recall that a friend (you know who you are!) and I cruised to Montebello as teenagers to catch him live in a bar.  Montebello PD was incredulous and suggested that we return back to Orange County.  Good times, good times.

Popcorn by Hot Butter - A synthesizer and the 70s, need I say more?

(If Loving You is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right by Luther Ingram - Adultery has never sounded so freaking fantastic.  Billy Paul warbling about Mrs. Jones comes pretty close, but this one still is sinfully delicious.

Rock Lobster by The B-52s - Such a silly song by such a silly group.  I totally cracked up when it showed up in an episode of Family Guy.

Same Old Lang Syne by Dan Fogleberg - If you've ever run across an old flame, you'll understand why this song is on the list.  Speaking of the accidental-meeting-of-a-former-lover style of songs, this one is far better than Harry Chapin's Taxi.

Border Song by Elton John - At the risk of sounding like a total puss or peacenik, I get a little teary at the final verse each and every time I hear this song.  I'll probably start crying at insurance commercials next.

Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leppard - Every stripper's song of choice, eh?  Yep, makes me want to shake my ass and get naked too.

Cowboys to Girls by (I have no idea) - This is an old-school jam from waaaay back in the day, but I still remember cruising and listening to it all these years later.


What are some of your favorite songs?  Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment