Friday, October 1, 2010

Kryptonite for this SAHM

I have found that being a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM) beats working for wages in every aspect.  Except, well, the wages part!  I've often said that my worst day at home with my son is still better than the best day at work.

However, the close proximity to my child means that, while I get to enjoy wonderful things he does, I also get to witness all of his tantrums and other bad behavior.  As he's grown to become a toddler, the bad behavior tends to occur at least once each day.  I have found that keeping him active and giving him plenty of outdoor play time tends to stop a lot of his acting up. 

So guess what it's doing outside?  Raining!  And the loudest thunder I've ever heard is accompanying the rain.  I guess it's going to be a tantrum-y day in my house!

Back when I was still working for wages, I used to like rainy days that I could spend at home.  How things have changed!  Rain is like my kryptonite these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment