Sunday, October 31, 2010

Toddler Cough Suggestions

Looks like Halloween is cancelled this year.  My son only wore the Halloween costume I made for about two hours at an event that he didn't like.  sigh

The little one woke up with a horrible cough and a rattle in his chest.  He's not coughing nonstop or anything, but when he does cough it sounds awful.  He coughed so hard a time or two that he even had to catch his breath. 

Other than the cough, he appears to be perfectly fine.  He's been busy playing all morning.  His appetite is a little dull, but he's still eating plenty.  He's been chatting excitedly about seeing his Grandma & Grandpa. . .too bad he can't see them if he's sick.

My son rarely catches colds and I've never heard this cough so I want to knock it out as quickly as possible.  I've tried warm water with honey and he will not drink it;  I'll try adding lime or lemon and see if he'll drink it prepared with a little citrus.  I'll be giving him a bath with Vapor bubbles after lunch and I'll follow that by rubbing him down with baby chest rub.  Besides running the vaporizer, what do you recommend to loosen congestion and improve a cough in a 2 1/2-year old?

No comments:

Post a Comment