Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 2 - Overcoming Hurdles

I dragged my old bones out of bed at 6:39 this morning so that I could squeeze in a workout before my kiddo woke up. I didn't want to get up and exercise, particularly when my husband told me it was time to wake up, but I told a friend I would and I didn't want to let her down. Being accountable is tremendously motivating.

So I started the morning with a workout. It was the weakest workout I've ever done, but I did it and I'm proud that I made the effort. Sure, I was queasy and had the shakes by the time I was done, but I felt pretty good about a half-hour after I finished.

My kiddo was still sleeping, so I took advantage of the time to plan my day's meals. I even measured out my breakfast and first snack and wrote them in my food journal. Then my son woke up and we had to hustle out the door to make it to pre-pre-school on time.

There is a snack break at about the mid-point of my son's class. I had packed his snack and my snack before running out the door this morning. My snack, per my food journal, consisted of pineapple and celery sticks. His snack consisted of string cheese, Cheerios, raisins, and a Nutri-Grain bar. Yes, I know he eats a lot, but somehow he is always on the light side of the pediatrician's charts. I think he has a hollow leg. . .

Anyway, my son took one bite of his string cheese and told it, "bye-bye," signifying that he was finished with it and he moved on to his Cheerios. I casually picked up the cheese and brought it to my mouth - and then I stopped. I hadn't written down string cheese in my food journal. I didn't know if I would have the points to waste on string cheese after eating lunch, dinner, and snacks. So I threw the cheese in the trash.

I'm a little bummed out that I'm already facing hurdles, but I feel proud that I handled it the right way. Day 2 was a good day and I hope to say the same about Day 3!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! You can do it - keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shannon! Day 3 has been a good one too. I even fit in a little more activity and turned down chocolate fondue this afternoon because I'm planning to have spaghetti tonight for supper.

    ReplyDelete