Thursday, March 18, 2010

I Never Want Twins

Ever!

I babysat the 22-month old son of a friend today. I have a 22-month old boy. And I added another one to the mix. What was I thinking?!

Now, this other little boy was very sweet and well behaved. I was impressed by how well he followed directions and how well he vocalized his needs. But it was still another child to watch and that alone is stressful.

So I had two children from 7:15 am to 3:15 pm. This is what it's like to have twins, I thought to myself. Well, in that case, I don't ever want twins!

I have a very busy little boy. He's on the go from the moment he wakes up until he goes to bed. Actually, he's even a busy sleeper - he thrashes around in his crib while sleeping every single night. He's so active in his sleep that sometimes I expect to find that he's bruised himself in the night. This other little boy is a pretty active fella too.

Two very busy little boys in one little house - is it any wonder that I feel exhausted?

Thankfully, they played very well together. My son was more than happy to share his toys with his friend and they both liked each other's company. They enjoyed sharing snacks (I discovered the hard way that our friend doesn't like apple peels!) and seemed to like sitting at the dining room table together.

Unfortunately, they also decided to share poop schedules. My son typically poops once each day, right after breakfast. He pooped three times today!! His friend pooped three times today!! I changed six poopy diapers today; three cloth + three disposable = six yucky poopy dipes.

I joked with our little friend's father that it's like they were in a competition to see who could poop the most. Except no matter who wins, I was going to lose! haha!

I survived two 22-month old very active little boys today and it was relatively painless. But I hope to never have twins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment