Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Oh Crud, Looks Like I Lied

Whoops!  Looks like I lied because I have to write one more post on this particular blog.  I thought it might be cool to list some of the supportive comments I've received since last night:

"Well that's disappointing. Not sure what the problem is Heather, but I would say if you feel like writing then write and don't let whoever is troubling you think they've won by forcing you into self-censorship. Love to you all.  (Your Sister) says keep writing them for (Your Brother). He used to enjoy reading them!  I'll shut up momentarily, but I recently had a run in whereby I suggested that a new book Jimmy Page is publishing was exorbitantly priced. It upset some of the fan boys and girls on the Led Zep related Facebook pages, but I say tough tittie. Everyone's views are worth no more or no less than anyone else's. PLEASE KEEP ON BLOGGING IN PUBLIC!!! :-)"
- CW

"Don't know what to say, except I hope you don't stop. And, I think that if other's have an issue with it, they should stop reading it. It is therapeutic for you. And you deserve that."
- MB

"That would be such a shame. You are a passionate writer with a lot of great things to see. It is one of the highlights of my day to read your blog!"
- LM

"I hope you don't stop writing!! I love reading your blogs."
- JS

"Please keep blogging!! I love reading it!!"
- SI

"Oh no! This makes me so sad :( "
- J

"This is a place for you Heather to post your thoughts, feelings and opinions. It should NOT matter what anyone else thinks and if they do not like it then maybe they should be the ones to quit reading your posts. NO ONE is forcing them to read your postings. Your feelings are your feelings. they are not wrong they just are and who the hell thinks they have the right to tell you any different. Just because they may not agree with you does not mean that you or they are wrong. People, whomever you are, get over it and GROW THE HELL UP!!!
- S


I'll be adding to this list if I receive further comments.  Based on the feedback, I have decided to continue blogging though I've created a new blog and I've made it viewable by invitation-only.  I do like writing these posts (well, most of them anyway) and it's not fair that I lose a creative outlet because others don't like what I have to say or what I think.

* * *

I tossed and turned all night over this dramarama.  I actually ended up with a migraine that plagued me from around 1:00 am until about 9:00 am.  Is it all related?  Who knows, but I'm exhausted from mulling it over and I've made my decision.

You're right, my friends:  Haters Gonna Hate.  However, it's prudent to restrict who can read my words for reasons that I am not free to disclose.  I love freedom and hate censorship, but this is how I must leave it for reasons that I will not fully disclose.

My feelings are my feelings no matter what.  Invalidating my feelings or criticizing my feelings does not change that they are, in fact, my feelings.  I am very hurt that a loved one would be critical of my very real feelings, feelings that only erupted while I'm suffering the agony of terrible and unimaginable grief, but I suppose that can't be helped now.  I'm hurt and I don't know when I won't feel hurt.  Just add it to the pain and sorrow that I'm already feeling I guess.

As I oh-so-pointedly stated a long time ago, it is my blog and it contains my opinions.  My opinions may not be your opinions.  Since no one can seem to take my advice to not read my blog if it offends, I have created a new blog that is accessible by invitation only.  I am limited to only 100 readers and I'll be sending out invites via e-mail.  I'd rather not be exclusionary, but some people who have been reading this blog will not receive an invitation to read the new blog since my readership will be limited.  Please accept my apologies if I do not send you an invite.  I don't keep my e-mail addresses in the same file, so contact me if you feel that I've left you out and you'd like to read the new blog. 

I hope to see you on the other blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment