Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sometimes There Are No Words

Though I'm normally very chatty, there are times that words escape me.  Birth and death leave me dumb.  My vocabulary gets severely restricted and I'm left floundering as I desperately try not to offer lame platitudes.

My family attended a memorial service for a friend this afternoon.  Our friend was young, only 53-years old - the same age as my husband.  And now he's gone.

Sometimes there are no words; this is one of those times.

* * *

Is there someone who you wish that you hung out with a little more?  Someone who you keep meaning to call?  Do it.  Do it now.  Walk away from the computer and don't waste another minute wishing or hoping to have someone be an active part of your life. 

We only have so many days, so many breaths.  Our time here is sometimes so damned short and you just don't know when death is going to come for a loved one.  And, believe me, I can attest that you will regret not making the effort to be have a close relationship with them when death comes. 

If you get anything out of this blog, this post, get this: 

Make memories, not regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment