Thursday, September 2, 2010

Waiting for My .

Sorry, Honey, it's another one of those posts!


Readers of this blog know that I've been trying to conceive for nearly 1 1/2 years.  Each month, I fervently pray that that I will conceive and carry a child to term.  And I throw my own personal pity party every time that I get my period.

It's possible, though not probable, that I conceived in this last cycle.  Oddly enough, I'm actually looking forward to getting my period this month.  Why?  Because I bought a nice little stash of mama cloth, that's why!

I went totally nuts on etsy.com one night and picked up a range of styles from several different vendors.  Materials such as velour, flannel, Zorb, bamboo, fleece, and PUL and a variety of lengths & absorbencies are all represented in my new stash.  I felt like a kid at Christmas each time that a new package of pads arrived.

Oh my goodness, they are so SOFT!  The velour topped pads, in particular, are unbelievably soft!  And so PRETTY!  I love a set of liners with a gorgeous black & red swirl pattern, but they are way too pretty to use for their intended purpose.  Of course, I will anyway.

Now that I'm aware of these comfortable pads and the mostly comfortable Diva Cup (save that one miserable day in my cycle), I don't think I can tolerate using a disposable pad or tampon ever again.  Seriously.  Paper, plastic, and cotton fibers rubbing on or in my hoo-haw just aren't that appealing now that I've seen and used alternatives.

I'm actually a little sad that I didn't try the Diva Cup years ago when I first heard of reusable menstrual cups.  I would have saved a small fortune in tampons purchased and spared myself all that exposure to dioxin.  The Diva Cup is really a fantastic item if you generally use tampons.  I've detailed the trials and tribulations that I have with the Cup during my very heavy day and that's why I'm exploring mama cloth this month.

I'm not a hippie (I'm not, dammit!) and I never would have thought that I'd explore these alternatives to dealing with Aunt Flo.  You know, I'm glad that I stepped out of my comfort zone and gave these waste-free options a go.  Yes, it looks like I've gone full-blown crunchola (there's your word again, Lisa - haha!) as it relates to my period.

I'm eagerly looking for Aunt Flo so that I can try out some of these wonderful new pads. . .but I'd be over-the-moon happy if I had to wait 40 weeks to use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment