Saturday, April 16, 2011

Do I Look Six-Months Pregnant?

I'm bummed out that my camera is currently buried under 10,000 boxes because I'd love to post a selfie and ask your opinion on the title question.

Last night, my husband and I were looking for houses while aimlessly driving around a few neighborhoods that we like (apparently my stalker tendencies are rubbing off on him!) and we ran into someone we know.  We exchanged pleasantries and then the conversation turned to our families.  She chatted with our son for a moment, then looked at me and said, "And your little baby is coming in August, right?"

Uh. . .not anymore.  My mouth dropped and I couldn't even find words to say.  I guess I figured that everyone we know knew what happened in January.  My husband quickly and quietly let her know that our baby died.  She was apologetic and gave me kind words of encouragement about trust and faith. 

I can understand that she didn't know I lost my baby, but I'm mystified how she could think that I look like I'm six-months pregnant.  Sure, I am around 25 pounds away from my goal weight, but I've lost a TON of weight (almost forty pounds) since I'd seen her last.  I suppose it's time that I get my lazy butt in gear and take off the remaining weight!

So to those of you who know me. . .I can handle the truth and my feelings won't be hurt by honesty:  Do I look pregnant?  Not just pregnant, but six-months pregnant??

No comments:

Post a Comment