Friday, April 22, 2011

What a Cool Kid!

Sometimes I pinch myself because I can't believe that I have such a wonderful son!  I love that little guy so much and I think he's so darn cool.  Here's the latest & greatest on my sweet boy:

~ I told him we were going to visit a friend and her son and he replied that he liked her.  I responded that I know he does.  Then he asserted, "I love her.  She's a nice lady."

~ He gets very excited on "school" days because he loves his teachers.  He chatters on about both of them and usually claims to love them.  Of course, he gets really shy when either of them are around and he'll hardly say a word.  He does, however, stare at them from afar. . .I think he's experiencing his first crush.

~ He lit up when I told him that we were going to visit one of his friends.  I asked if he was happy to see his friend and he said that he was and added that, "(child's name) my best friend."

~ He ran out of his room at nearly ten o'clock last night.  His latest bedtime stall tactic is to request socks so I asked him if he wanted his socks.  He said, "No.  I want PASTA!"  This is the same child who just three hours earlier made it very clear that he would not eat pasta that night.  I gave him socks and put him back to bed.

~ We were driving home yesterday evening and "Another Brick in the Wall - Part 2" came on the radio.  He said, "Pink Floyd."  I'm not really a fan so I blamed my husband.  Hubs claims that they've never listened to Pink Floyd together.  So how did the kiddo know who it was??

~ He was watching a program that he likes and the protagonist played three keys on the piano.  My son hummed the notes.  This might not be cool to anyone else, but I thought it showed a remarkable attention to detail and a good ear.

~ He flipped his fork and spoon over and began hitting the table, his plate, his placemat, and his cup.  I asked him what he thought he was doing and he replied, "I'm a drummer, Mama."  I let him know that we don't play drums at the table, but inside I thought his drum kit was pretty inventive.

No comments:

Post a Comment