Saturday, April 30, 2011

Peter Criss is a Whiny @sshole!

I was checking out neighborhoods I might like the other day (that's called stalking by some of you!) and the song "Beth" by KISS came on the radio.  The song was co-written by their drummer, Peter Criss, and he also sings the song.  Perhaps I was just in a particularly bitchy mood or perhaps I've always felt this way and I've never really pondered the lyrics of a KISS song for very long (they aren't known for deep & meaningful lyricism), but this song PISSED ME OFF.  Big time!

Do you know the song?  Have you heard it?  Have you actually listened to the lyrics?  Just in case, here they are:

"Beth, I hear you callin'
But I can't come home right now
Me and the boys are playin'
And we just can't find the sound

Just a few more hours
And I'll be right home to you
I think I hear them callin'
Oh, Beth what can I do
Beth what can I do

You say you feel so empty
That our house just ain't a home
And I'm always somewhere else
And you're always there alone

Just a few more hours
And I'll be right home to you
I think I hear them callin'
Oh, Beth what can I do
Beth what can I do

Beth, I know you're lonely
And I hope you'll be alright
'Cause me and the boys will be playin'
All night"

The part that inflamed me was where he acknowledges that she feels neglected and wants him home with her, but he just doesn't know what to do and he'll be playing all night with the boys instead.  It's a fairly romantic sounding ballad so I was like "Wait.  What?!"  He is willfully choosing to ignore his woman and spend his time with the guys?  Oh yeah, that's some real freaking romance right there!

What a whiny little assh*le!  He doesn't know what to do?  How about you just be a friggin' man and tell "the boys" that your woman wants/needs you home!  I'm sure that fellas reading this will be like :::thumbs up::: and I can understand needing personal space, but I have to call it like I see it.  No wonder Peter Criss wore the cat makeup in the group - he's a big p*ssy!  D*ck!

* * *

You know, I had a nerve-wracking experience this morning and I thought for sure I'd write about that. . .I certainly didn't expect to grind my axe against a largely forgotten drummer from a 70s mega-band!  Anyway, below is a youtube clip of the song that's kinda fun.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment